Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chinese New Year

The oxpicious year, 2009. What a year. This Chinese New Year, some things don't turn out as usual. My brother who is in the midst of studying could not join us. Things seem different yet quiet. On the Eve, we had reunion dinner at my grandfather's place. My aunt cooked from the wee hours of the morning till evening. Well, dishes turned out nice. There was a roasted duck, a little overdone, because my aunt refried the duck after buying it. So it looked a bit dark on the outside. After that heavy meal, as usual, the smaller cousins will be pestering their parents, granting permission to play some fire crackers. There's one called POP! POP!, which looked something like:


Once again the POP POP war begins, throwing them at each other's leg. It hurts when the thing POPs. Dodged some of those attacks. What's more, my elder cousin even lit up fireworks. Those that fly up high in the sky. But unfortunately, the fireworks were a little too old, It does not even shoot up, just some sparks flying up. It looked like a sick cat. Lots of cookies not to be forgotten too. Jam tarts, kuih "kapet" (love letters), kuih "bangkit" (the white color one with a red dot), peanuts, and more not mentioned in here were mouth-watering. Some are so good that they even melt in your mouth, like an ice cube being heated up.

One the first day of CNY, we ate "mee sua" for breakfast in hot soup. I think that symbolizes longevity.

And so on................. (I don't particularly remember everything)

Visiting relatives on the days after that. Eating and gulping down food even more than Cookie Monster made me feel bloated all the time. In fact, to give the stomach some respect, I ate less these few days. Oh yea, when all my relatives from my father's side came to my house, it was amazing to see so many pairs of footwear outside the door. I missed the opportunity to take a snap of that outrageous amount of slippers and shoes there.

By the way, this morning, I had light lunch and some ginger tea. Went to a friend's house of dad and they were talking about the Indon maid who acted stupid and even killed their animals and let a bird fly out of it's cage. This, that, and this and that and bla bla bla.....

That should do for now. School is reopening tomorrow, and I'm looking towards it. My mum and I even kept some cookies in a container and freeze it as when my brother comes back, he will able to savour those delicacies. When I was receiving a red packet from someone, she even asked me something like this.

Do you tax(I heard it as text) your brother?
Sometimes.
Not that, I mean T-A-X.
Oh...... no, I don't. (I could if I want to.)

0 comments:

Terms and Conditions

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

UPON ENTERING THIS BLOG(WWW.ILLUSIVE-NOTION.BLOGSPOT.COM), YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED BELOW.

  1. 1. ANYTHING THAT IS POSTED IN THE BLOG, WILL STAY IN THE BLOG. YOU SHALL NOT STEAL AND/ OR DESTROY ANY OF THE POST UNLESS GRANTED BY THE AUTHOR.
  2. 2. IF ANYBODY, REGARDLESS OF POSITION FINDS POSTS MADE BY AUTHOR OFFENSIVE, YOU SHALL NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST THE AUTHOR IN ANYWAY FOR EXAMPLE: THREATENING, SPAMMING, PUNISHING, ETCETERA.INFORM THE AUTHOR AND THE AUTHOR WILL DELETE IT WILLINGLY.
  3. 3. SPAMMING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THE CHAT BOX AT THE SIDE OF THE BLOG. SPAMMERS WILL BE BANNED FROM POSTING ANY COMMENTS AS LONG AS THE BLOG IS STILL PRESENT.
  4. 4. BLOG POSTS ARE POSTED WHENEVER THE AUTHOR FEELS LIKE DOING SO. ANYTHING THAT IS POSTED IS UP TO THE AUTHOR TO DECIDE. THERE MAY BE NO ARGUMENT ON WHAT TO POST, AS IT IS THE AUTHOR’S CHOICE.
  5. 5. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED OR INCLUDED IS STRICTLY THE AUTHOR'S OPINION ONLY.
  6. 6. IF VISITORS VIOLATE THE BLOG'S T&C, APPROPRIATE LEGAL ACTIONS MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM, REGARDLESS OF POSITION.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE BLOG AUTHOR HOPES THAT YOU EXIT THIS PAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU.

Terms and Conditions were referred from www.timothytimmytim.blogspot.com/