Monday, November 17, 2008

Asean skills excursion-With the worst lunch ever


It was 7:10 in the morning when I woke up.
"Today's a Friday, and I'll be going for a trip."
When I reached school, it was already 7:50 am.
The bus will be leaving soon. The teachers took our attendance, split us up into several groups and it was time to go. About 30 of us when up a old looking bus, and it sped off to the highway. A usual trip to KL will take around 20 minutes. But our bus did not. It took 2 whole hours. The whole story started like this:

We hoped on the bus. The journey went on until the bus stopped somewhere. Some people said that a person had stomach ache, and needed a toilet badly. But I was not aware about that incident, just kept on the chat with my friends. While I shifted the air-conditioner's vent, some dirty debris just fell off the air-cond vent. Oh my, it was disgusting. The condition of the bus made it look like a 20 year-old bus. Soon, it stopped at a construction site, the second time it was stopping. I don't know why, but I suspected the bus driver doesn't know his way there, to the CIDB building in KL, Jalan Chan Sow Lin. The Indian bus driver had a hairy hand, and people were cracking jokes about his hand, which was placed at the gear. Some laughed, some had no reaction. After being in the bus for 2 hours, the bus reached the CIDB building.

The building was newly-built. New black tarmac laid on the roads, giving it a new feel to the place. I wasn't sure what Asean Skills was at the first place, but after checking out the net, I got to know furthur about the whole situation. I thought we had to compete among schools or something like that, but I was wrong. When I steped in, there were many booths, seperated by particians. Oh, there was actually a quiz. But, to summarise the whole story, the quiz was a waste of time.

My stomach was growling of hunger, reminding me about lunch. But, it was only 11 o'clock. I beared the hunger, until lunch time arrived. Alas, the lunch was worse than jail food. They served some crap, which consisted of 3 types of food in segmented containers. The crap was some stinking cabbage, one piece of chicken, and some lumpy rice. Eventhough the trip was sponsered by the school, but everyone was expecting something better. I had no choice but to eat the rice and chicken. Actually, the chicken wasn't that bad.

All my friends ate a little, sat still for a shprt while, wondering whether the food was edible or not. I lefxt the stinking cabbage aside, abandoned it. I guess it was cooked a couple of hours earlier, so the cabbage started to ferment. It tasted like mild vinegar. After a few spoons of "crap", my stomach felt a little pain, but it went off eventually. My tummy must be telling me that the food was horrible.

After that, I bought drinks-a can of iced-lemon-tea. I couldn't resist the taste of eat after the worst lunch I have ever ate. Then, I bought a slice of cake from the little cafe in the convention centre. The strawberry cake tasted horrible too. And what's more? It costed me 5.30 ringgit. I almost chocked as a result of eating some stale cake. The cake was dryer than biscuits. Then, I bought a cuppa coffee. Oh my, it looked so dark brown, I wonder whether that guy knows how to brew aromatic, soothing coffee. But, I did not complain anymore, as I was famished.

Then, I was told that the Lego building making competition was cancelled. What a waste of time. We did nothing for 6 hours there, so "I REGRET coming here."

0 comments:

Terms and Conditions

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

UPON ENTERING THIS BLOG(WWW.ILLUSIVE-NOTION.BLOGSPOT.COM), YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED BELOW.

  1. 1. ANYTHING THAT IS POSTED IN THE BLOG, WILL STAY IN THE BLOG. YOU SHALL NOT STEAL AND/ OR DESTROY ANY OF THE POST UNLESS GRANTED BY THE AUTHOR.
  2. 2. IF ANYBODY, REGARDLESS OF POSITION FINDS POSTS MADE BY AUTHOR OFFENSIVE, YOU SHALL NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST THE AUTHOR IN ANYWAY FOR EXAMPLE: THREATENING, SPAMMING, PUNISHING, ETCETERA.INFORM THE AUTHOR AND THE AUTHOR WILL DELETE IT WILLINGLY.
  3. 3. SPAMMING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THE CHAT BOX AT THE SIDE OF THE BLOG. SPAMMERS WILL BE BANNED FROM POSTING ANY COMMENTS AS LONG AS THE BLOG IS STILL PRESENT.
  4. 4. BLOG POSTS ARE POSTED WHENEVER THE AUTHOR FEELS LIKE DOING SO. ANYTHING THAT IS POSTED IS UP TO THE AUTHOR TO DECIDE. THERE MAY BE NO ARGUMENT ON WHAT TO POST, AS IT IS THE AUTHOR’S CHOICE.
  5. 5. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED OR INCLUDED IS STRICTLY THE AUTHOR'S OPINION ONLY.
  6. 6. IF VISITORS VIOLATE THE BLOG'S T&C, APPROPRIATE LEGAL ACTIONS MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM, REGARDLESS OF POSITION.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE BLOG AUTHOR HOPES THAT YOU EXIT THIS PAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU.

Terms and Conditions were referred from www.timothytimmytim.blogspot.com/